( 49 Views )
|Posted Date :
|| 12, May 2019
|Closing Date :
|| 01, Jun 2019
||Work Type :
|Number Of Vacancies :
|Funcational area :
||Open Ended :
||Job Salary :
|Contract Type :
||Contract Duration :
|Years of Experience :
||Extension Possibility :
|Probation Period :
|| 3 months
About Kabul Municipality
The Kabul Municipality is responsible for implementing Kabul Municipal Development program (KMDP) and Eshteghal Zaiee Karmondena (EZ-KAR) Project on behalf of the Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The primary focus of the KMDP is to increase access to basic municipal services in selected residential areas of Kabul City and strengthen municipal finance management of Kabul Municipality and the project development objective of EZ-KAR is to strengthen the enabling environment for economic opportunities in cities (including Kabul Municipality) where there is a high influx of displaced people.
Both projects are financed by the World Bank Group. The Project Management Unit (PMU) under the supervision of the Kabul Mayor has been setup at the Kabul Municipality (KM) to implement and administer the two Projects.
1- The KMDP Project is under the implementation stage which consists of the following main components:
Infrastructure upgrading program
Redesign of Kabul Municipality’s Financial Management System
Project Management, Works, Design and Supervision
Contingent Emergency Response
2- The EZ-KAR Project is also under the implementation stage which consists of the following main components:
Component 1: Regional and National Integration of Displaced Persons
Component 2: Short Term Employment Opportunities and Market Enabling Infrastructure Under IDLG
Component 3: Prioritized Urban Investments In Four Provincial Capital Cities
Component 4: Market Enabling Infrastructure and Reforms for Kabul Municipality
Component 5: National Regulatory Reforms and Program Coordination
- Supervision of the KMDP Management Team, and the management of all human resource aspects of the KMDP Team
- Management of the KMDP office and its staff to ensure efficient and pleasant administration, motivating staff to ensure quality through inculcating a culture of attention to detail; and ensure an effective system of human resources management, to sustain professionalism, accountability and good morale among KMDP staff and consultants.
- Ensuring timely preparation of annual work plans to be approved by the Mayor of Kabul and the Bank, with corresponding annual budget requests for Ministry of Finance.
- Planning workflow within the different departments of the KMDP Team to deliver results.
- Recruitment, support and management of appropriately qualified staff and consultants selected on a competitive basis, as and when required, based on terms of reference cleared by IDA, and seek the Mayor’s consent on training as appropriate.
- Overseeing the preparation of procurement plans and ensuring the accuracy of goods, works and consultancy services in accordance with procurement procedures agreed with the Bank.
- Preparation of quarterly Implementation Progress Reports for KMDP, in formats agreed with the Bank and the provision of information and response to other requests for inputs for preparation for periodic World Bank supervision missions.
- Ensuring all records are always maintained in the office.
- Prepare all contracts for goods, works and services procurement, after clearance by the World Bank as appropriate, for signature by the Mayor.
- Supervision of the updating of the Project Implementation Manual and other documents as needed.
- Ensuring compliance with the laws, government regulations and World Bank procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with conditions of contracts.
- Liaising with the Urban Team of the World Bank as a resource person for the Kabul Mayor as needed, particularly on issues related to urban planning, urban design, metropolitan development, urban management, land management, and any facilitating the project’s support for urban policy making.
- Ensuring effective coordination between KMDP and Kabul Municipality, other governmental partners and civil society stakeholders, as relevant.
- Liaise with representatives of donor organizations, as required.
- Briefing government representatives, members of Parliament and civil society, donors, UN staff and others on the goals and progress of KMDP, as required.
- Ensuring effective communication on the goals and achievements of KMDP to the press as required and as opportunities allow.
Financial Management Oversight: The Team Leader shall:
- Provide oversight for management of KMDP resources and Program expenditure, ensuring adherence as close as possible to the allocations for each component.
- As required, submit timely and accurate revision of budgets submitted by Kabul Municipality to Ministry of Finance, while ensuring that possible unspent resources at year-end are processed and approved by Ministry of Finance in advance, so as to form a carry-over budget to the following year.
- Ensure timely submission of financial reports to KM, MoF and the World Bank, as required.
- Certify payments to contractors and consultants, as required.
Management of KMDP sub-projects: The Team Leader shall:
- Provide oversight of the work of KMDP technical team, including sub-project selection, engineering design, definition of specifications, evaluation of bids and contract management, procurement and implementation and supervision of upgrading works on site.
- Provide oversight of the work of KMDP social team, including community consultations at the sub-project design and implementation stages, and monitoring during implementation.
- Initiate and monitor the periodic review of KMDP manuals, and ensure their effective implementation at relevant stages of the work-flow.
- Ensure the inclusion of relevant provisions of the Environmental and Social Safeguard Framework in all contract documentation, and monitor compliance with the same during implementation of sub-projects.
- As appropriate, ensure timely action on operational recommendations of World Bank aide-memoires after periodic supervision missions.
- Ensure effective implementation and monitoring of the KMDP’s grievance handling mechanism (GRM) complaints procedures.
The successful applicant should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, or urban planning/ urban design, and at least ten years of proven experience at a senior management level
Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
Interested candidates should submit their Application in writing and clearly indicating the position and vacancy number to: Email: email@example.com
Please note, while sending you’re CV & Cover letter clearly highlighting how you are suitable for the position, mention the vacancy number and position in the subject line, application received after the closing date (1- June -2019) and without subject will not be given consideration.
Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for written test and interview.
Please donwload the application form from the below link :
CLEARED TOR for KMDP Team Leader.docx