( 31 Views )
|Posted Date :
|| 12, May 2019
|Closing Date :
|| 01, Jun 2019
||Work Type :
|Number Of Vacancies :
|Funcational area :
||Open Ended :
||Job Salary :
|Contract Type :
||Contract Duration :
|Years of Experience :
||Extension Possibility :
|Probation Period :
|| 3 months
About Kabul Municipality
The Kabul Municipality is responsible for implementing Kabul Municipal Development program (KMDP) and Eshteghal Zaiee Karmondena (EZ-KAR) Project on behalf of the Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The primary focus of the KMDP is to increase access to basic municipal services in selected residential areas of Kabul City and strengthen municipal finance management of Kabul Municipality and the project development objective of EZ-KAR is to strengthen the enabling environment for economic opportunities in cities (including Kabul Municipality) where there is a high influx of displaced people.
Both projects are financed by the World Bank Group. The Project Management Unit (PMU) under the supervision of the Kabul Mayor has been setup at the Kabul Municipality (KM) to implement and administer the two Projects.
1- The KMDP Project is under the implementation stage which consists of the following main components:
Infrastructure upgrading program
Redesign of Kabul Municipality’s Financial Management System
Project Management, Works, Design and Supervision
Contingent Emergency Response
2- The EZ-KAR Project is also under the implementation stage which consists of the following main components:
Component 1: Regional and National Integration of Displaced Persons
Component 2: Short Term Employment Opportunities and Market Enabling Infrastructure Under IDLG
Component 3: Prioritized Urban Investments In Four Provincial Capital Cities
Component 4: Market Enabling Infrastructure and Reforms for Kabul Municipality
Component 5: National Regulatory Reforms and Program Coordination
- Leading the current team that consists of a Senior Procurement Officer, and 2 Senior procurement Assistants, and ensuring that all team members adhere to the highest ethical standards.
- (Development of Project Procurement Strategies.
- Management of the work flow and distribution of all procurement related tasks, including advertising, bid receipt, and bid opening strictly in accordance with the procurement procedures agreed with the World Bank.
- Preparation and finalization of annual procurement plans in the Systematic Tracking of Exchanges in Procurement (STEP), a software tool used by global client and Bank teams, to submit Procurement Plans for the Bank’s clearance.
- Follow up with Kabul Municipality departments, other relevant agencies, and the World Bank (WB) to ensure timely approvals of procurement plans.
- Ensure through supervision and oversight of the procurement team, that the quality of procurement documents (draft bidding documents, requests for proposals, bid evaluation reports, etc.) are reviewed by him/her before they are given to the Team Leader for onward transmission to the World Bank.
- Ensure timeliness in the completion of all stages of the procurement cycle to ensure implementation occurs in accordance with procurement plans.
- Conducting Pre-bid meetings, describing project’s procurement regulations to bidders.
- Chairing of evaluation committees, ensuring that all members of any evaluation committee are trained in how to evaluations are done in compliance with World Bank Procurement Regulation , and maintaining the highest level on integrity in the evaluation process and preparation of the evaluation reports.
- Ensuring transparency in the preparation, review, and internal clearance of all bid evaluation reports in accordance with the requirements of the law of the Government of Afghanistan and the World Bank, including in the preparation of comparison list of bill of quantities of the bidders.
- Follow-up with the concerned government departments and the WB (if required) to ensure bid evaluation reports are approved in a timely manner.
- Preparing, reviewing and clearing all draft contracts prior to contract signing. Following up with the concerned government departments and the WB (if required) in order to have bid evaluation reports approved in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all correspondence with bidders during the procurement process, including the review and clearance of any documents prepared by members of his/her team.
- Preparation of contracts amendment (final contract amendment, time extension as required by contractors and advised by KM).
- Ensure that the procurement filing/record system is always up-to-date, no files missing, and all documents are organized in a manner that makes document retrieval easy and straightforward.
- Monitoring and reporting the status or progress on procurement as required, including contributing to the quarterly Project Implementation Progress Report.
- Performing periodic supervision of the performance by other procurement staff in the procurement unit, providing on-the-job training and classroom training enabling them to successful carry out their jobs.
- Any other duties that the Team Leader may reasonably require to ensure the smooth functioning of the project.
The successful applicant should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with at least ten years of cumulative professional experience in procurement with public and reputable private sector organizations in Afghanistan of which at least 4 years should be in the capacity of full time procurement specialist. Experience in procurement under World Bank supported projects and programs, with demonstrated proficiency in the procurement of high value Goods, Works, and Consultancy contracts will be an advantage.
have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
Interested candidates should submit their Application in writing and clearly indicating the position and vacancy number to: Email: email@example.com
Please note, while sending you’re CV & Cover letter clearly highlighting how you are suitable for the position, mention the vacancy number and position in the subject line, application received after the closing date (1-June-2019) and without subject will not be given consideration.
Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for written test and interview.
Please donwload the application form from the below link :
CLEARED TOR of Senior Procurement Specialist Kabul (1).docx